Tuesday, August 30, 2011
The first thing to know is that you don't need to have every kind of liquor to have a decently stocked bar. Probably the four most popular liquors are vodka, gin, light rum and tequila. Others you can get will include brandy and whiskey. Most common drinks can be made with these.
Monday, August 22, 2011
|Photo credit: sinfultommaso.com|
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Throwing a party, whatever the occasion, can be pretty expensive if you let it, and many times, the little things add up pretty fast! Thankfully, there are ways to throw an elegant shindig without breaking the bank. Here are 25 of my favorite tricks of the trade:
Friday, August 5, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Los Angeles is famous for the movie industry, celebrities, and Hollywood. But how well do you know the City of Angels?
Here's your chance to win three City Walk iPhone applications to cities of your choice, courtesy of GPSmyCity.com. Correctly answer all ten questions about Los Angeles below and e-mail them to email@example.com for your chance to win!
1. L.A was founded as a city in:
2. What L.A landmark appears in such movies as the Terminator and Transformers?
A. Griffith Observatory
B. Grauman's Chinese Theater
C. Hollywood Wax Museum
3. L.A was briefly part of what country?
4. What did the original Hollywood sign say?
A. Hollywood Hills
C. Welcome to Hollywood
5. The L.A city flower is the:
A. Douglas Iris
B. Bird of Paradise
C. Wood Rose
6. Whom does this famous quite belong to: "I love Los Angeles. I love Hollywood. They're beautiful. Everybody's plastic, but I love plastic. I want to be plastic."?
A. Marilyn Monroe
B. Andy Warhol
C. Elizabeth Taylor
7. Which one of these famous people was not born in L.A?
A. Angelina Jolie
B. Gwyneth Paltrow
C. Cameron Diaz
8. Californians are the largest US consumers of:
9. Marina del Rey is the largest yacht harbor in:
C. The world
10. California's popular nickname, made official in 1968 is:
A. The Sunshine State
B. The Golden State
C. The Silver State
Remember to send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!