Sunday, June 19, 2011

40 Things I've Learnt in 40 years - Introduction

Works in Progress
Today, I begin the countdown to my 40th birthday. I believe I have been celebrating this all year, and will continue to do so after my birthday - but I thought I'd share my thoughts with you as I go through this journey. I encourage you to send me feedback - whether it's your own experiences, your thoughts on what I have to say, and if you disagree with anything, I'd love to hear that too!

I have on many occasions taken stock of my life and it has helped me recalibrate my direction in life. My overriding desire is to live the life I love and love the life I live. I have always been inspired by beauty, design, experiences and even a sense of fantasy. It is also a great joy to be able to bring people together to share this beauty and joy, because I believe we are all connected in some way on some spiritual level, regardless of our personal religious or spiritual beliefs.

So what does it mean to me to be turning 40?

  • Like wine, I think I've gotten better with age. Now I know better.
  • I'm actually quite happy to be turning 40. Surprisingly.
  • It feels great to be 40 and not feel old.
  • When people tell me I look good for my age (thank you very much, by the way), I think that's the way people should look at 40!
  • I would have liked to have kids, but look at it this way: I can borrow kids and send them back when I'm tired of them! Ha!


Whatever your age, I hope you will be able to connect with my experiences in some way and share it with others too. I've been 40 years in the making and I am delighted that I am a work in progress, so I look forward to hearing from you as well. This could be much fun!

Watch this space for my updates. The first installment begins tomorrow.

Let the countdown begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment